Please keep an eye out for your furry family as the weather gets wintry.
As temperatures fall for winter months in the Northern Hemisphere, please keep a lookout in your neighbourhood for any use of de-icing products, such as rock salt, grit and spray which contain chemicals which can lead to burning your dog's or cat's paws. The salt content in grit can make it hazardous to pets if they ingest it.
Many antifreeze products contain ethylene glycol which has a sweet taste and animals will voluntarily drink ethylene glycol if antifreeze is spilled or leaks onto garage floors or driveways. All animals (including humans) are susceptible to ethylene glycol poisoning.
Ethylene glycol has a very narrow margin of safety and is highly toxic – please keep an eye out for your furry family and neighbourhood animals to keep them safe. And please pass on the message to others.
Your furry family. x