Updated: Apr 1
I’d like to share some information about the different animal chakras which I work with during each of my animal healing and communication sessions.
Before I get started, you might be wondering, what is a chakra? It is a Sanskrit word that means wheel. Chakras are specific energy or meridian points in your body and your animal’s. They are thought to be spinning disks of energy that need to be “open” and aligned to allow energy and lifeforce to flow. This is important because they link to major organs, bundles of nerves and areas of our animal’s energetic body that affect their emotional and physical well-being.
Animals have eight chakras in total; these are the Crown chakra, Third eye chakra, Throat chakra, Solar plexus chakra, Sacral chakra and the Root chakra. The eighth chakra is known as the Sensing chakra or Butterfly chakra.
We’ll start this blog series literally at the top (of the head) with the meridian known as the Crown Chakra. The Crown chakra is the animal’s connection (and ours) to the highest sources of pure spiritual energy in the Universe. With each distance healing session for an animal, this is the first chakra I connect to.
"Om" or "Aum" is the mantra for the the Crown chakra. It is associated with phrases such as 'I am my highest, most authentic self', 'I am love', I am at peace' and 'I am connected to the universe'.
Violet and white are the colours associated with the Crown chakra. Violet is known as the colour of spirituality; it is a unifying colour, and one that contains all the qualities of other chakras when completely activated.
Some of the signs of imbalance in the Crown chakra of animals include:
· Depression and anxiety
· Being ungrounded, both spiritually and energetically
· Feeling disconnected from their owner
· Feeling unconnected to their environment
· Disconnected from the source of energy
· A general lack of enthusiasm
How can you work with the Crown chakra?
· Use crystals relating to the chakra, including Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Selenite, Lepidolite, Howlite and Labradorite. My personal favourite is Clear Quartz
· Meditate with your animal, spend quiet and quality time together reassuring them they are safe
· Practice being mindful around your animal
· Ensure your animal has a quiet and undisturbed space to relax
· Work with visualisation to help your animal feel more connected
· Speak out loud phrases such as "You are pure love" and "You are connected to the Universe".
If you'd like to find out more about animal reiki and communication, please take a look at my reiki, communication and astrology services